- Teaching Staff
- UG/PG Sanctioned
- Subject Curriculum
- Exam Pattern
- Roll Of Honour
- PG Alumni
The department of orthopaedics was established with the starting of the Govt Medical College in Bhavnagar and since then it has gradually developed to one of the teaching institute in gujarat with good record in teaching as well as in clinical orthopaedics in this part of the world.
The department has 2 separate operation theatre complex for the emergency and planned surgeries.
• 10-12 planned operations are carried out every day in orthopaedics operation theatre.
• In operation theatre, we have I.I.T.V.s for performing trauma surgeries.
• We have separate I.I.T.V. for the emergency operation theatre.
• We have basic infrastructure like cautery, overhead O.T. lights, air conditioners etc.
• There is laminar air flow for better surgical environment especially joint replacement surgeries.
• In operation theatre, we have shaver system for the arthroscopic surgeries.
• For Arthroscopic surgeries, we have arthroscopic instrument set.
• In operation theatre, we have different instrument sets like D.H.S. set, Proximal Femoral Nailing set, Femur Nailing set, Tibia Nailing set, Humerus Nailing Set, Tibia Plating set, Spine Surgery set, etc.
• In operation theatres, trauma and spinal surgeries are performed on fracture table with different attachments.
• Large horizontal autoclave machine provides autoclaving of instruments and implants for the surgeries.
• Recovery area in operation theatre has beds for postoperative patients care.
• We have 3 wards in orthopaedics dept. containing 30 beds each with average occupancy of 150% in each ward.
• All wards have basic facilities for orthopaedic patient care and tr
Selected Internaiton scholar for 2009-2010 from India
as presenting India for 4 weeks training at Porto ,Europe under ESSKA ( European Sports Traumatology Surgery and Knee Arthroscopy )
GOLD MEDALIST FOR M.S. ( ortho) from saurashtra univerisity in april 2007.
Dr.Ujjval H. Deliwala and Team got 2nd Prize in National conf. at Chennai
National Award - 2nd Prize at Chennai in Sept.2010 at 9th Annual Congress of Indian Arthroscopy Society for Poster presentation on Arthroscopic Treatment of Popliteal Cyst.
Best E poster Presentation at CCT 2015 bhavnagar
prognosis of sort segment pedicle serew fixation without fusion in dorsolumbar number spine fracture
Best Poster presentation at GOACON 2012 Daman
Platelet rich plazma - intraarticular use after arthroscopy
Best Poster presentation at GOACON 2012 Daman
Platelet rich plasma-intraarticular use after arthroscopy
A candidate in orthopaedics surgery at the end of its 3 year course should develop proper clinical acumen to interpret diagnostic results and correlate them with symptoms. He should become capable to diagnose common clinical conditions/diseases in the speciality and to manage them effectively with success. He should be able to decide for making a referral to consultation with a more experienced colleague/professional friend while dealing with any patient with a difficult problem.
He/she should be able to teach MBBS students about the commonly encountered conditions in orthopaedics, pertaining to their diagnostic features, basic pathophysiological aspects and the general and basic management strategies.
He/she should also acquire elementary knowledge about research methodology, including record-keeping methods, and be able to conduct a research inquiry including making a proper analysis and writing a report on its findings.
Excellence in patient care, research, and education is the overall goal of the Department of Orthopaedics.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery provides a comprehensive and integrated orthopaedic program for patients, students, residents, and fellows.
In addition to general Orthopaedics, the department has a faculty which specializes in the field of joint replacement, sports medicine ,hand surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, pediatric orthopaedics ,spine surgery and treatment of complex trauma. The recent innovations in orthopaedic surgery such as minimally invasive joint replacement, surface replacement arthroplasty, revision hip and knee replacements, minimally invasive spine surgery , vascularised grafting for non unions, limb reimplatations, arthroscopic PCL and shoulder surgery are all being practiced with excellent results.
The Institute also has modern Physiotherapy Unit which works is close co-ordination with the Orthopaedic Department for comprehensive care of patients.
Master of Surgery Examination
- There shall be four examiners including two external and two internal. One of the internal examiners will be the Head of Department and he she shall be chairman/Convener. The second internal examiner shall be next senior most member of faculty of the department provided he/she is eligible for such duty. The necessity of an external examiner is to maintain the standard of the examination at the National level. All examiners must be a full time teacher with requisite experience as per MCI guidelines. Hony teacher with previous full time experience (of 10 years standing) may only be made examiners if there does not exist nay a full time qualified faculty under the same university/college. No Hony. Faculty shall be made a chairman/convener of the examination.
- The external examiners will be asked to send two sets of question papers for the theory examination. There will be 2 external examiners from a different university so that the number of questions available, will be double the which will be given to the student in the moderate papers. The Chief internal examiner or Chairman/Convener will moderate it and finally make two sets of question paper, containing 8-10 shorts questions. He/she shall send both set
|Department of Orthopaedics
- Gautam Vk, Badole Cm, Kumar S, Patond Kr: Epidemiological Study Of Hand Injuries, Indian Medical Gazette Vol Cxxx. No. 5. 163 165,1996
- Gautam Vk, Badole Cm, Betal Bd: Radiological Findings In Planter Ulcers, Indian Medical Gazette.Vol Cxxxi(6) 184-185 1998
- Gautamvk,Tejasthakker: External Fixation In Hand, Under Publication In Gujarat Medical Journal
- Tejasthakker, Gautam Vk: Sprain:A Review Of Literature , Under Publication In Gujarat Medical Journal
- Tejasthakker, Gautam Vk: Role Of Bone Marrow Injections In Delayed Union Under Publication In Indian Journal Of Orthopaedics
- Badole Cm, Gautamvk,Sharma Op, Patondkr:Camp And Hospital Approach For Correction Of Deformities In Residual Poliomyelitis. A Comparative Study Xlviii, 10, 917-922,1995
- Badole Cm, Gautamvk,Sharma Op, Patond Kr: Selfmade Prosthesis Of Lower Extremity-An Approach Towards Rehabilitation By Rural Amputee. The Indian Practitioner Xlix.(8), 707-709 1996
- Badole Cm, Ajay Kumar, Gautam Vk, Patondkr:Multiple Epiphyseal Dysplasia.A Case Report. The Antiseptic 93,8, 302-303 1996
- Badole Cm, Gautamvk,Sharma Op, Patond Kr: Ipsilateral Inter Trochantric Fracture And Shaft Femur Combined With Multiple Trauma, Report Of Three Cases, The Indian Practitioner Xlix (7) 617-621 1996
- Sharma Op, Sharma Nita, Badole Cm, Patondkr,Gautamvinod:Congenital Absence Of Lower Limb, A Case Report . Ind Jr Of Foot Surgery, 10,60-61 1995
- Sharansudhir,Gautam Vk, Kumar Sudhir, Patond Kr: Lisfrank Fracture Dislocation, A Case Report. The Antiseptic,Nov 1996
- Kr Patond, Bd Betal, Vk Gautam: Single Stage Surical Correction Of Five Finger Claw Deformity In Leprosy Patients.Indian Journal Of Disability And Rehabilitation 51- 56 1996
- Patond Kr, Betal Bd, Gautam Vk:Results Of Thumb Correction In Leprosy Using Different Techniques: Indian J Leprosy.Vol 171 (2) 155- 165 1999
- rohit Anilbhai Thaker , VinodKgautam: Study Of Vertebral Body Replacement With Reconstruction Spinal Cages In Dorsolumba Traumatic And Koch’s Spine
DR. SURESH PARMAR